I don’t care who you are, or what you say you are. Using the American flag as a vehicle to promote a twisted political agenda is disrespectful and pathetic. The American flag represents the American people. It should not be distorted to make a bunch of people feeeel good about their sexualities.
And what do you think those people are? Not American or anything nope
If you’ve ever worn a shirt or jacket or dress or bikini with the American flag on it you’ve “distorted the image of the American flag” oops
I’ve never worn a t-shirt or dress or any other article of clothing with the American flag in it for that very reason. I even read up on the flag code before making my icon to ensure that the use was simply the use of the colors and not the use of the flag itself.
So, yes this is un-American:
The American flag stands for ALLAmericans. Not just certain groups. Just because it doesn’t go against code regulation does not mean that is it is disgusting or disrespectful.
I have never wore the American flag either. I just wear red, white and blue on fourth of July. Or Captain American. :p
I even consider replacing the stars in the flag with the Stars of David as desecrating the flag.
United States Flag Code, Section 8.
No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
•(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
•(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
•(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
Source- The United States Flag: Federal Law Related to Display and Associated Questions.
It’s illegal to wear the flag as anything. It’s illegal to disrespect the flag.
- littlelilinlover reblogged this from californiarepublican and added:
- apolloenzyme reblogged this from freeplanetickettonorthkorea
- apolloenzyme likes this
- freeplanetickettotehran reblogged this from freeplanetickettonorthkorea and added:
- themoofster likes this
- jessysketches likes this
- californiarepublican reblogged this from freeplanetickettonorthkorea and added:
- ramblinglibertarian reblogged this from bravelittleconservative and added:
- bravelittleconservative likes this
- bravelittleconservative reblogged this from ramblinglibertarian and added:
- freeplanetickettonorthkorea reblogged this from thelittlealpaca and added:
- nogginvoice reblogged this from thelittlealpaca
- thelittlealpaca reblogged this from bravelittleconservative and added:
- thelittlealpaca likes this
- zeesmuse likes this
- therealkillthetraitor likes this
- ragingconservative007 reblogged this from justsomebirdie
- exotech likes this
- wear-me-like-a-nickel likes this
- justsomebirdie likes this
- willful1 likes this
- the-car0linian likes this
- rightwingviews likes this
- candycane34 likes this
- poppinglikedaisies likes this